Gale is a very large American educational publisher of multiple research databases. Gale access includes Academic OneFile, General OneFile, Infotrac Newsstand, Gale Virtual Reference Library, Biography In Context, and The Times Digital Archive.
- Academic OneFile, a database of more than 17,000 periodicals, including 3,000 peer-reviewed scholarly journals. Resources include Nature and the New York Times.
- General OneFile, a database of more than 14,000 periodicals including consumer magazines and trade and industry magazines. Resources include The Economist and Publishers Weekly.
- Infotrac Newsstand, full-text articles from over 2000 newspapers. Newspapers include New York Times (1985-present), The Guardian (1990-present), and The Independent (1996-present).
- Selected content from Gale Virtual Reference Library including American Decades and Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians.
- Biography In Context, a database of biographical entries containing biographies on more than 400,000 people from over 170 sources.
- The Times Digital Archive is an online, full-text facsimile of more than 200 years of The Times, comprising every page of every issue from 1785 through 2013. The archive supports research across numerous areas, including business, humanities, political science, philosophy, and coverage of major historical events.
Editors should cite Gale sources using the format shown here.